return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Ghana - USA (June 22nd 2006) [Group E]
View this Thread in Original format
zoric
Ghana to win this game and make it through to the next round as the only African side.

Standings before the games:

code:
|Place | Team | MP | W | D | L | GF-GA | Pts | | | | | | | | | | | 1st | Italy | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 3-1 | 4 | | 2nd | Czech Republic | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 3-2 | 3 | |------|---------------------|----|---|---|---|-------|-----| | 3rd | Ghana | 2 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2-2 | 3 | | 4th | United States | 2 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 1-4 | 1 |
nchs09
go ghana!!!!!!!!!!1
tathi
i'd love to see Ghana go through :)
FCB_Fanatic
I'm hoping for Czech Rep and Italy to go through, Italy especially because they surprised me in their first match. But I'd live with it if Ghana would make it in stead of Italy :)
jonze234
should be pure craziness for the final two matches of this group
LittleGoku
Im extremely nervous of watching either games. :(
I really would like to see the US get out of this group but the chances are low considering their earlier performances. Ghana is missing two key scorers but will come out gunning. A very important note is that GHANA players and their coaches are already talking about their matchup vs Brazil. Here is a quote "We beat #2 ranked Czech Republic, who else is left?" I hope their overconfidence is their doom but then again confidence is always a plus.

Still dont know if I want to sit down and watch the 2 hours of this game....might be too much to bare:(

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=372018&root=worldcup&cc=5901&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1
Kapedan
USA!!!!!!!!!!! We will win. But, im nervous about Italy winning.
Aristronica
If Baros is possibly back then Czech's win.
LuNaSeA
quote:
Originally posted by LittleGoku
Im extremely nervous of watching either games. :(

^plus juan!!! i'm getting the shivvers and i'm getting all fidgety thinkin about it... i'm so not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

i'm torn- i really want Ghana to go thru but it's like i almost feel bad not rooting my hometeam.. i'm a bastid!
Member of X
Yeah I can't imagine rooting against my home country (Benedict Arnold), seems very, very bizarre!! My grandparents are Scottish & German, I wouldn't ever root for Germany but I guess I do show some love for Scotland (but that's mostly my blood). As an American though, we're all mutts of some sort.

Brain says it's gonna be a tie but my heart of course is hoping somehow the stars are aligned, the U.S. sneaks out a 2-1 victory and Italy wins as well. But I'm not holding my breath. Unfortunately, I'll be stuck working and unable to catch it. Oh well....

I hope Arena plays two forwards. Eddie Johnson and Brian McBride with Donovan back in the attacking midfield position where he typically is.

jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by Member of X
Eddie Johnson and Brian McBride with Donovan back in the attacking midfield position where he typically is.

i thought that was going to be the formation for the entire cup but for some reason or another arena hasnt really done it. it'll be interesting to see who replaces pope and pablo. we are going to have to score a couple times because i don't think we are going to come close to shutting down ghana.
smallSHEEP
This should be a fun group to watch, Ghana looked really strong againsed the Czechs. Pretty much everyone in the group has to win to be certain of progressing. :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Privacy Statement