return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 
Official 2009 - 2010 Montreal Canadiens Thread.
View this Thread in Original format
lenazi
Let's start it early to have a non depressing topic today.

New faces all around, it can't be worse than last year, ok the best time of the year starts soon.

1-2-3 go!

let us start with who will captain this team.
Marcus007
Can't wait for preseason.

I know a lot of people want Markov as the captain but the guy can't even put together a proper sentence in english, then again, would it be fair to award Scott Gomez as captain when this is his first year with us? I think not...

And ing carey price, if he doesnt bring his A game this year I'm going to GRRRRRRRRR
lenazi
i am sure josh georges will get a letter this year. They will probably rotate captains, i hope to god gomez does not get the C.

It is put up or shut up time for Carey this year. I hope he practised his glove work for everyone's sake this year and laid off the molsons.
Johnny Jon
rotating the C i think in those circumstances is the best idea. Feels like it could set up an artificial equality feeling in the team and the guys will feel free to speak up/step up when needed, even if it might sound like this:
lenazi
if they give gomez the c the french media will go crazy. when don't they go crazy though? bertrand raymond really needs to retire, who cares what language the players speak as long as they do the job. I can remember the habs of the 90's with lots of french players that sucked hard.

i am not expecting anything but a playoff berth, but i have not looked forward to a season this much in a long time (even more than last year). With so many changes it is going to be interesting.

drop the freaking puck already!!!

an interesting interview.

Bertuzz
When they signed Paul Mara, I thought he'd be a douche.
UNTIL I watched this video!!

RAYYYYYYYMOND JAMESSSSS. CARPOOL!

Johnny Jon
its true, i always thought that the language issue was a tad overrated, its a business, the point of that business is to make money, that usually happens when your team wins games,and a lot of them. You're right, who gives a crap what language the guys speak when you finish first in your conference, the video was funny though. Sure,we might bring the market environment, the culture, helps promote the team/sell jerseys and other team products, shows that the players care: If the dude came from Lebanon (given that he doesnt speak french) and scored 50 goals, Amir would be all over the ice rink, Shawarma frenzy

Hopefully, this will be a honeymoon season, no drama, no worries about strip bars cause i think they have "La Ronde" restrictions in there since the new acquisitions: "Cant go in if you're not this tall"

Our first line will be macking the ladies there:

I dont see how we can say that this team doesnt look ON PAPER like one of the best rosters of the habs yet, even with the size issue, my concern would probably more if they're "injury prone or not". In reality, i honestly dont know what to expected but i am waiting impatiently for the puck drop.
Dj_AtP
quote:
Originally posted by lenazi

let us start with who will captain this team.

KOVY KOVY KOVY:D
Bertuzz
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Jon
In reality, i honestly dont know what to expected but i am waiting impatiently for the puck drop.

exactly!

I think it's almost impossible to predict chemistry on a team with so many newcomers. Until the season starts and we play a good 20-30 games, it'll be hard to make any accurate predictions.

I'm getting tired of people asking how we are going to do this year because it's pretty much impossible to say at this point. Let's just wait and see!!
malek
quote:
Originally posted by Bertuzz
exactly!

I think it's almost impossible to predict chemistry on a team with so many newcomers. Until the season starts and we play a good 20-30 games, it'll be hard to make any accurate predictions.

I'm getting tired of people asking how we are going to do this year because it's pretty much impossible to say at this point. Let's just wait and see!!

thats why i think the season will start really bad, and people will bitch alot, most will say that the GM was wrong, etc etc

but as the season progresses and the teammates will learn to play together, the team will strengthen just in time for the playoffs.

dj ugo
quote:
Originally posted by lenazi
if they give gomez the c the french media will go crazy. when don't they go crazy though? bertrand raymond really needs to retire, who cares what language the players speak as long as they do the job. I can remember the habs of the 90's with lots of french players that sucked hard.

Dude you really don't understand what Montreal Canadiens means to french people. First, 80% of people going to Bell Center are french, so from a buisness side you need to take this point very seriously. Second, when you're a kid, your dream is to play for Canadiens, it's a passion for everybody. Third, As far as i know, the last stanley cup was in 1993 and 1/3 players was french. Same thing for 1986. I agree that it's not a french team that will make you better, but for 2 players same talent, take the french one! This is the only point people are thinking to. Peace

By the way the only forward who had a better season last year than the year before was Maxime Lapierre.
Passskal
Can't in wait!! love the new team seriously! Mike Cammalleri is my man I won my pool with him last year.

Some of those new guys are badass and will make me forget the Mike Komisarek from 2 years ago I loved so much every time he plastered a leafs player!

My guest for new captain: Scott Gomez. I knew it the day he said to the media he was going to learn french. quite obvious PR tactic plus his extensive participation in golf tournaments and other Habs PR events over the summer.

also: In two weeks. NHL 2010 on sale for PS3!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 
Privacy Statement