return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Does anyone think that this is a good deal for a diamond engagement ring?
View this Thread in Original format
d-jay MyTH
I'm hoping to pop the question to my goregeous other half on Xmas day.

I was looking at engagement rings. They are expensive but I think I may get more for my money (and spend the same price) if I buy her a nice ring online and then I saw this trilogy ring over a carat going really cheap and brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MESELX:IT

What do I do guys? Is it dodgy to get a ring on ebay ? The guy is offering a refund so thought it may be worth the risk? I dunno much about diamond rings (typical bloke lol) but does that seem a good price? Anyone got any other suggestions.

What's more important; colour or clarity and what's the minimum I should look for?

Any help is appreciated. I've got time unless you think I should buy the ring above in which case I have got less than 2 days. EEk. What do people think it might go for?

Sorry for rambling on.
jonSun
That's awesome

I also buy all my diamonds off ebay .
[N]ûk|êû[Z]
nice mate good luck with it all.

that ring looks like the engagement ring i got my missus... except hers has a pink sapphire.

i guess one piece of advice i can offer is: dont waste a lot of money on a ring thats just expensive.. go for something that you know is to her taste even if its not that expensive.

i bought a £450 gold ring, took it home.. and thought 'shes not gonna like this' so went back into town and changed it for a white gold with pink sapphire ring, which was about £250.. she loves it
rT19
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...4&forumid=16&s=
Arbiter
Don't do it buddy, you have a lot to live for.
chimera66
that's the worst idea ever, take your time pick out a ring then figure out how you will be able to afford it...doesn't need to be super expensive but at least make sure it's real.
d-jay MyTH
Thanks for the thoughts so far.

I might take a look at some pink sapphires. My only concern was that people use diamonds cos they virtually last forever as they are the hardest gemstone known to man? A sapphire might chip more easily.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
[N]ûk|êû[Z]
chances are tho.. rings wear and tear anyways... so you might end up having to buy a new ring a few years down the line anyways.

my missus has had her ring for 4 years now, the sapphire is fine, but the ring itself is wearing thin a little bit
echosystm
nothing says "i love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" like a dodgy ring off ebay .
Slipmat
quote:
Originally posted by echosystm
nothing says "i love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" like a rock on a metal circle.

fixd

KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by echosystm
nothing says "i love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" like a dodgy ring off ebay .

it looks like that ring could proper cut u if she hit u lol

rings off ebay ...so much GUSTO and screams AMORE
d-jay MyTH
quote:
Originally posted by Slipmat
fixd

Okay...I'll also give her my Lost Tribe Distant Voices EP signed by Matt Darey
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Privacy Statement