return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
NBA Thread
View this Thread in Original format
ziptnf
Rumors are flying around that Lebron wants the NBA to contract teams in the league (which I don't really blame him, I would go a step further and say that teams in all professional leagues need to be whittled away). I would think it would be awesome to see a guy like Kevin Love play for the Heat. I know Chris Bosh functions well as a big man, and Bosh seems a little faster than Love., but Love could certainly beat him in rebounds.

I was getting a little nervous last night during the Heat-Warriors game, man, I mean really, how does the heat give up 72 points during the first half? They gotta step it up! :p

Oh, and for moar basketball, who is gonna be big in the playoffs this year? Celtics are missing Rondo, so unless he gets better they're hosed. San Antonio is being picked to go far this year also, but I'm not sure if they have the stamina. I think Orlando can make it to the Conference Finals, especially now that Turkoglu is back. Dwight Howard and the Magic just doesn't seem to have the... magic... that is required for a championship.

What say you, Renzo?

Oh, and inb4 .
gazelles
it's the atl hawks year

...and the dirty birds
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by gazelles
it's the atl hawks year

...and the dirty birds

Not gonna happen.
jupiterone
no rondo, no kg or perkins in boston for the time being. i don't really think the lakers are going to win this year, and even though i'm a magic fan, i don't see them winning it either. every time they're playing defense i feel like i should be praying to the Gods of basketball they do it right. i think it's going to be the heat this year, maybe a heat spurs/mavs final

also, i hope the celtics and heat meet very early on in the playoffs and the heat destroy them. i ing hate that team with a passion. every time i see pierce, perkins, davis and the biggest douch of them all nate robinson, i want to punch my tv out :mad:
gazelles
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Not gonna happen.

not with that attitude
Burn Notice
Spurs are on pace to win 70+ games. That alone is incredible. Spurs/Lakers Western Conference finals will be epic. It's good to see that the West playoffs will finally be competitive instead of another cakewalk for the Lakers.

That Magic trade will get exposed in the playoffs. Areanas, Nelson, Turk aren't great defenders. Howard has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. He already has 14 techs. Two more and he gets suspended for one game and another game every 2 after that. Heat/Boston will make quick work of them.

Chicago is gonna be a super power by next year. Book it.

Sacramento, Minnesota, and the Bobcats need to get out of the NBA ASAP. At least the Clippers bring in a good amount of people. The Hornets will be relocated by next year. If they make no noise in this playoffs, the team will blow up and CP3 will either go to the Lakers or another big market.

It's great to see this city (San Antonio) going crazy over the Spurs again. Even though they have been to the playoffs every year, it's great to see a true possibility at another championship. One more for the Duncan era would be icing on the cake.
LAdazeNYnights
i like atl also but don't see them being a strong contender in the playoffs.
it'll be interesting to see how orlando looks 3/4 of the way through the season or so once they get used to playing together. I think the trade might give them what they need to challenge this year...

It's still impossible to expect anything other than Lakers - Heat in the finals, as far as I'm concerned. The Lakers will come out on top, 3peat bitches.
LAdazeNYnights
quote:
Originally posted by Burn Notice

I like this.

Also, cp3 in LA would be bonkers
jupiterone
quote:
Sacramento, Minnesota, and the Bobcats need to get out of the NBA ASAP

so do the wizards
ziptnf
quote:
Spurs are on pace to win 70+ games. That alone is incredible. Spurs/Lakers Western Conference finals will be epic. It's good to see that the West playoffs will finally be competitive instead of another cakewalk for the Lakers.

Yeah, I really like the Spurs this year, and the Lakers are stumbling when they should be standing tall. That loss to the Heat on Christmas Day was totally inexcusable for that level of talent.

quote:
That Magic trade will get exposed in the playoffs. Areanas, Nelson, Turk aren't great defenders. Howard has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. He already has 14 techs. Two more and he gets suspended for one game and another game every 2 after that. Heat/Boston will make quick work of them.

Howard won't get more than 1 or 2 technicals for the rest of the season. Would you allow yourself to get T'd up just so you can hear it from Stan Van Gundy? :stongue:

quote:

I believe this. Actually, I'm likely moving to Chicago this year, so I hope this pans out.

quote:
Sacramento, Minnesota, and the Bobcats need to get out of the NBA ASAP. At least the Clippers bring in a good amount of people. The Hornets will be relocated by next year. If they make no noise in this playoffs, the team will blow up and CP3 will either go to the Lakers or another big market.

That's why Lebron (and apparently a bunch of other people) are discussing Contraction of the whole league. I'm sure you'd see a lot of teams get phased out.

Oh, and @LAdazeNYnights, Lakers won't 3-peat, mark my words.

ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
so do the wizards

But where will King Wall go? :p
jupiterone
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
But where will King Wall go? :p

cleveland! if the wizards changed their names back to the bullets i'd be fine with them staying, but the name wizards is just so damn gay, and their uber gay jerseys and logo. honest question, for those that have followed wall, is he even as good as they said he'd be, first pick and all?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Privacy Statement