return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 
Who Actually Produces Dance Music/Who Claims To Produce But Doesn't (pg. 30)
View this Thread in Original format
Subtle
quote:
Originally posted by PGGuy
I never said Armin didn't know how to produce, nor did I say that BT didn't know how to produce. Someone else may have, but certainly would never say that, because I know both of them do produce.

Making a percussion may not be tough, but making a memorable, fully produced track is no easy endeavor.

Yes, I have opinions just as we all do, but I have certainly heard stories from some of the world's top producers. I am not assuming anything though as you have.

I have never said "Armin doesn't produce, Tiesto doesn't produce". I never said producing music was simple, nor did I say DJing is simple. Creating a top tune or a top level DJ set, in my opinion, is something only a handful have truly mastered.

These are some of the stories you heard?

quote:

http://www.myspace.com/raznitzan = produces many of Armin Van Buuren's tracks.

quote:
12. BT gets Andy Page to write for him
PGGuy
quote:
Originally posted by Subtle
These are some of the stories you heard?

Correct. I never said they couldn't produce.
KennethThomas
quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
someone get kristina sky and kenneth thomas in here and see wut they say

I posted this around page 7 but since its unrealistic for most people new to this thread to find it, I will repost.

To be honest, im trying to avoid getting dragged into this.
And, I do not have the time to really get into this debate. I will try to keep this quick.

I stand by my music. On SOME past projects, I have had studio engineers sit in with me for a short period of time. I bring someone in on maybe 30% of my tracks and again only for a short period of time. Usually its when I am in the middle of a really hectic tour schedule or am looking for a fresh perspective on a project. Now keep this in context, I will bring in say, a classically trained pianist and work TOGETHER (my hands on the computer and them sitting next to me) for maybe one hour on a track. And its not like they write something and I just take it. We write together and come up with ideas, chord progressions and such. And even then, rarely do those parts stay the same, I am always tweaking later and changing. Beyond that one hour, the other, say, 29 hours on a track I am working completely alone. The other 70% or so of my remixes/tracks are done 100% on my own.

What I find DISGUSTING is the absolute reckless disregard with these type of insinuations. Its like TMZ of dance music. Just making a list and compiling every RUMOR you've heard about so and so... Yea, thats what dance music is about?

Yes, at this point in the world of super-star dj 100 hour work weeks, most of these guys have some sort of engineer behind the scenes to help expedite certain process' or keep the creative juices flowing, but please learn to differentiate "help" with this term "ghost writer".

I could go on, but I have really spent too much time on this already. I need to go back to focusing on REALITY.

"I have heard that Kenneth Thomas does not know how to produce, but hires producers to produce for him" hahahaha... Yea, i take the MILLIONS in royalties off of Ghost in the Machine and have a team of producers living in my basement producing round the clock... As for not knowing how to produce, I could put you in touch with a few people who have hired me to teach them Logic...

Again, I stand by my music. I am proud of my tracks and passionate to see what the future brings.
PGGuy
quote:
Originally posted by KennethThomas
I posted this around page 7 but since its unrealistic for most people new to this thread to find it, I will repost.

To be honest, im trying to avoid getting dragged into this.
And, I do not have the time to really get into this debate. I will try to keep this quick.

I stand by my music. On SOME past projects, I have had studio engineers sit in with me for a short period of time. I bring someone in on maybe 30% of my tracks and again only for a short period of time. Usually its when I am in the middle of a really hectic tour schedule or am looking for a fresh perspective on a project. Now keep this in context, I will bring in say, a classically trained pianist and work TOGETHER (my hands on the computer and them sitting next to me) for maybe one hour on a track. And its not like they write something and I just take it. We write together and come up with ideas, chord progressions and such. And even then, rarely do those parts stay the same, I am always tweaking later and changing. Beyond that one hour, the other, say, 29 hours on a track I am working completely alone. The other 70% or so of my remixes/tracks are done 100% on my own.

What I find DISGUSTING is the absolute reckless disregard with these type of insinuations. Its like TMZ of dance music. Just making a list and compiling every RUMOR you've heard about so and so... Yea, thats what dance music is about?

Yes, at this point in the world of super-star dj 100 hour work weeks, most of these guys have some sort of engineer behind the scenes to help expedite certain process' or keep the creative juices flowing, but please learn to differentiate "help" with this term "ghost writer".

I could go on, but I have really spent too much time on this already. I need to go back to focusing on REALITY.

"I have heard that Kenneth Thomas does not know how to produce, but hires producers to produce for him" hahahaha... Yea, i take the MILLIONS in royalties off of Ghost in the Machine and have a team of producers living in my basement producing round the clock... As for not knowing how to produce, I could put you in touch with a few people who have hired me to teach them Logic...

Again, I stand by my music. I am proud of my tracks and passionate to see what the future brings.

Thanks for letting us know a second time, Kenneth. Hopefully, this will put to rest the rumours that have been said about you. I certainly am not starting these rumours, as I have heard from 3 different producers similar stories. The difference between this and TMZ is that rumours can be immediately debated in an open forum. I notice Kenneth didn't say anything about Paul Oakenfold.
thumper5
There has been a lot of talk about who produces their own stuff and who doesn't. There haven't been many names listed as to who is producing these tracks.

How about a list of the producers/writers creating all this music behind the scenes.

LISTS OF NAMES OF THESE GREAT PRODUCERS WORKING BEHIND THE SCENES?????
orTofønChiLd
quote:
Thanks for letting us know a second time, Kenneth. Hopefully, this will put to rest the rumours that have been said about you. I certainly am not starting these rumours, as I have heard from 3 different producers similar stories. The difference between this and TMZ is that rumours can be immediately debated in an open forum. I notice Kenneth didn't say anything about Paul Oakenfold.

you should shut your mouth, delete this thread, then kill yourself. Nobody here cares about your ranting of who's producing wut and who isn't. So if any mods are around ban this foul from the face of existence. Just to let you know this thread isn't gonna change anything.
A.B
quote:
Th I certainly am not starting these rumours, as I have heard from 3 different producers similar stories.

No, but you started a thread which got the old rumour mill going hell for ing leather did you not?
PGGuy
quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
you should shut your mouth, delete this thread, then kill yourself. Nobody here cares about your ranting of who's producing wut and who isn't. So if any mods are around ban this foul from the face of existence. Just to let you know this thread isn't gonna change anything.

You don't care, but the fact that there are over ten thousand views indicates that somebody does care.
PGGuy
quote:
Originally posted by A.B
No, but you started a thread which got the old rumour mill going hell for ing leather did you not?

Nope. These were rumours that were already in the air, mate.
A.B
quote:
Nope. These were rumours that were already in the air, mate.

Yes, and you started a thread about them thus fuelling the fire.

PGGuy
quote:
Originally posted by A.B
Yes, and you started a thread about them thus fuelling the fire.

Rumours continue until dispelled. This was an attempt to open up a discussion, and plenty seem to be interested.
MrJiveBoJingles
Monster Ballads!:

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 
Privacy Statement