return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 
Who Actually Produces Dance Music/Who Claims To Produce But Doesn't (pg. 31)
View this Thread in Original format
A.B
quote:
Originally posted by PGGuy
Rumours continue until dispelled. This was an attempt to open up a discussion, and plenty seem to be interested.

lol, fair enough bud!

To be honest it is an interesting topic, but its worth remembering that every single musical act or artist on the planet has a team behind them.
There is always a front man who for whatever reason has obtained that status for good reason. I never really spared much thought as to all the behind the scenes production of music. I only care if I like the track.

If someone gets somebody elses creative input for a day, I'm sure the favour will be returned. After all, a lot of these guys are probably friends
Subtle
quote:
Originally posted by A.B
After all, a lot of these guys are probably friends
Exactly, producers/DJs are friends and often they help each other out.. besides the music the biggest names are releasing is music that are being played on MTV, Clubs and radio stations all over the world. It really needs to be of the highest quality.
orTofønChiLd
quote:
Originally posted by PGGuy
You don't care, but the fact that there are over ten thousand views indicates that somebody does care.

what you need is some paffendorf

MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by orTofønChiLd
what you need is some paffendorf

"Everybody be cool. You: be cool." :D
BiG MiKE
10th question. Tiesto admits to having a big team around him in the studio.

Palladium
quote:
Originally posted by BiG MiKE
Tiesto admits to having a big team in the studio without him around.

BiG MiKE
quote:
Originally posted by Palladium

Yea, that too :haha:
alexf
so can't we just ing conclude that there are three types of producers? with examples from the guys already mentioned:

- the big fishes: long career, see themselves as a product, lots of marketing, are not bothered getting "a little help" in the studio to dj more often and get more more more more more money. examples: armin van buuren, tiesto, sven väth

- the small fishes: short career, "newcomers", more or less talented but benefit from the possibilities of digital production and the internet, secret weapon: ableton, get help from their friends. examples: niklas harding, deadmau5, whatdoiknow

- the actual producers: lots of studio experience and credibility, produce all of their stuff themselves, if they dj it doesn't affect their studio work, keeping a low profile, main concern isn't money. examples: martin buttrich, many other techno guys

of course there is overlap, but this pretty much sums it up i think. you can classify your superstar for yourself now.
DjArTiN!
i haven't read any of the replies left by others but i'll tell you this: stop worrying about that and just listen to music, you like it, you like, if you don't, you don't :) those who are doing all that
saluyamo
quote:
Originally posted by BiG MiKE
10th question. Tiesto admits to having a big team around him in the studio.

LMAO that PVD comment is goldern. "If you want the cheese left out come and see me" He really needs to look in the mirror

karanicleaves
quote:
Originally posted by saluyamo
LMAO that PVD comment is goldern. "If you want the cheese left out come and see me" He really needs to look in the mirror

my thoughts exactly
bab9744
add DJ Fei Fei aka FFW and DJ Gil LA aka Reverse to the list of people who claim to produce but dont.

Fei Fei does not know how to produce, Joey Medina does everything for her so she can further her djing career. Same with DJ Gil LA aka Reverse, he has other people produce for him to further his djing career.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 
Privacy Statement