return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > West Coast / Las Vegas EDM Event Listings > Past Events

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 
2012.06.08-2012.06.10 [LV] Insomniac presents// Electric Daisy Carnival (pg. 72)
View this Thread in Original format
Dream Beamz
quote:
Originally posted by jonmitz
e: some people have said it was far worse this year

This year went like this with the shuttle bus from Excalibur

Friday: Left the strip at 9:30pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:30. Enter at 12:30. Left at 4:30am, no wait for bus. arrive at hotel at 5:30

Saturday: Left the strip at 10pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:45. Enter at 12:15. Left at 2:30 wait 15min for bus. Arrive at hotel at 5:30

Sunday: Left the strip at 10:00pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:30. Enter at 12. Left at 5:30 wait 1 hour for bus. Arrive at hotel at 8:30
stuckinmyhead
quote:
Originally posted by iLLiE586
Regardless, I'll happily take a couple hours of traffic over what happened at Ultra, and having to wait forever to get drinks and take a piss. I was actually just thinking about it the other day, and the only entire set I stayed for at Ultra was Sven Vath. For a 3 day event, that's pretty ing lame.

I never had any of those problems at ultra. Yes, bathrooms and water/refreshments was much better at edc, but I am talking about the crowd/vibe. I just wasnt able to get into it.

And the sets at Ultra were lame? I dont even know how to respond to that. I thought they were great. I was at the Carl Cox and ASOT500 stage most of the time.
in2muzikk
quote:
Originally posted by Dream Beamz
This year went like this with the shuttle bus from Excalibur

Friday: Left the strip at 9:30pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:30. Enter at 12:30. Left at 4:30am, no wait for bus. arrive at hotel at 5:30

Saturday: Left the strip at 10pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:45. Enter at 12:15. Left at 2:30 wait 15min for bus. Arrive at hotel at 5:30

Sunday: Left the strip at 10:00pm. Arrived at the speedway at 11:30. Enter at 12. Left at 5:30 wait 1 hour for bus. Arrive at hotel at 8:30

Left Mandalay Bay on Friday at 6:30 and arrived at Speedway 9:00, left at 4:30, no line for shuttle.

Left Monte Carlo on Saturday at 7:30 and arrived at Speedway 9:00 (thanks to our excellent bus driver who took all the back streets!). Waited 20 minutes for shuttle at 3am during the mass exodus...

Left Bellagio on Sunday at 6:00 (waited inside shuttle about 20 mins until it filled), arrived at Speedway 7:15. Left EDC at 4:30, waited 10 minutes for the bus and was back at Bellagio at 5:30. Walked across the street for the Paris breakfast buffet at 7. :)
Nerologic
Unreleased banger...

Cool1g
just read about this: http://www.lvrj.com/news/edc-attend...-159259335.html

:(
DJ RANN
quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Unreleased banger...

Having caught Carl Cox last night in LA, this video is just embarrassing. 40 something year old, slightly overweight, guy with a backturned cap waddling about in front decks, and doing nothing for the music apart from just pressing play then waving his arms about while it drops. Unless of course, clapping, fixing your pants and signing an autograph is classed as musical talent these days.

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g

That's really tragic. I don't even know how you get out of the windows of any of the hotels on the strip - I thought they're all sealed?

Pretty ed up of her friends - if one of your group is freaking out that badly that they need to go, then you don't ever let them go alone . Really sad story.
Looney4Clooney
security should have to run anyone turned in being too ed up past some sort of triage. You could sue this event with the right lawyer. What a ty event anyways, Americans just in blow all round.

And what can you say about these douche bags. I mean take a ing class on how to be famous. Its like the nouveau riche but with fame. But these guys are like late blooming rockstars minus talent that are overwhelmed by the fact someone as ugly as himself can be popular.

Don't sign autographs during your performance. Don't have a posse behind you during your performance. And ing put some effort in your outfit. I mean it is a showbiz rule that you just don't wear black unless you have adequate lighting to make the contrast work. I mean what else do you have to ing worry about. And if snooky can lose weight, well man, try harder.

Boggles my mind how people just suck so hard.
Tosh
quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
Americans just in blow all round.

^Says Looney4Clooney

But isn't Clooney an American? He does suck... So I guess it works...
mmix
quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
just read about this: http://www.lvrj.com/news/edc-attend...-159259335.html

:(

Apparently one of her friends posted about it on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comme...g_mdma_looking/

Looks like she took the same pills at Coachella and freaked out.
Dream Beamz
CNN - 1 dead after Toronto stage collapses

One man died after metalwork collapsed onto a stage in Toronto's Downsview Park on Saturday afternoon, minutes before spectators were set to begin streaming in to watch a concert by the alternative rock group Radiohead, authorities said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/16/world...apse/index.html

DJ RANN
quote:
And what can you say about these douche bags. I mean take a ing class on how to be famous. Its like the nouveau riche but with fame. But these guys are like late blooming rockstars minus talent that are overwhelmed by the fact someone as ugly as himself can be popular.

Don't sign autographs during your performance. Don't have a posse behind you during your performance. And ing put some effort in your outfit. I mean it is a showbiz rule that you just don't wear black unless you have adequate lighting to make the contrast work. I mean what else do you have to ing worry about. And if snooky can lose weight, well man, try harder.

Boggles my mind how people just suck so hard.

Lol, ing on point.

quote:
Apparently one of her friends posted about it on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comme...g_mdma_looking/

Looks like she took the same pills at Coachella and freaked out.

Well, now it seems that she had a history or at least indicators of metal health problems ("her doctor wasn't helping her", had "been taking the same pills since march" meaning she's bashed a fair amount of X, let alone whatever other drugs, and that she was likely on prescribed antidepressants. Oh, and there was a big batch of LSD in the room but that apparently was all "accounted for" when her friends went through the room afterwards.

I mean, it's really sad, but how many red flags are you going to ignore?

Many years ago, a friend who was a regular clubber and let's just say "seasoned" drug taker, did one pill the same batch of pills that killed Leah Betts (the biggest mainstream drug story in the mid 90's in the UK, and the main reason that raves were outlawed in the UK).

He spent 5 hours pinned to the wall absolutely ed beyond anything he's ever experienced before or since.

I can see if it were a really strong one, anything could have potentially happened to that poor girl, but when you lump it in with the other things her friend is saying, it's really a case of a tragic series of ongoing things that lead to this, not one crazy incident.

the weird thing is though, there's virtually no press on this one. Cover up?
LAdazeNYnights
quote:

+1 !!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 
Privacy Statement